I’m gunna tell you the truth. I suck at trying to start a story, paragraph, conversation, or anything really to make it sound interesting enough to keep anyone’s attention span for longer than 2 minutes. Hence the start to this blog. I’ve come to realize that sometimes instead of trying so hard to organize my thoughts into consecutive subjects it’s much more satisfying to just let all the jumbled thoughts in my head pour out they way they’re originally formed up there in the first place.
Oh my goodness! I just realized I’ve written myself a thesis statement on accident. (nerd alert)
With that being said, why don’t we start off with the basics:
- I’m 21 years old and the mother to who I’m pretty sure is the best kid ever. Her name is Aliyah, she’s 19 months old (yeah I know, I know, 1 and a half. Ta-may-tow tah-mah-tow), and she is absolutely and positively my whole world.
- I’m the oldest of three; Jessica’s 18 and Jamee’s 15.
- Both of my parents are still together and have been for 20-something plus years.
- I’m the epitome of what you’d call a family oriented person. I can’t help it, it’s just how I was raised. Blame it on my parents.
- I also happen to have this boyfriend, who also happens to be the father of my child. We did things pretty backwards: random hook-up, got pregnant, had a baby together, and then decided that “Hey! We like each other! We should date!”. So when all of my friends decide that we’re “Sooo adorably cute together!”, that’s the strategy plan I give them, in that exact order. Of course I’m kidding. I just happen to be very blessed to have things work out the way that they have so far. It’s definitely been a lot more complicated than I lead on, but that’s another story for another day.
- My favorite color is purple.
- I have a thing for art, animals, nature, and saving the planet.
- I may not look like one, but I definitely have the soul of a hippie.
- I’ve actually always been interested in writing and I had intended on that being my major when I left for my first year of college. As it turns out though, I realized I had a greater passion for working with kids and I changed my major to early childhood education. Yet, for some reason lately, I’ve just had this horrible urge (I kinda wanna call it a nudge, like a push ya know?) to really just write, and nothing in particular, just whatever comes to mind and just go with the flow of things.
So that’s what I’m doing here, starting a blog to see where it takes me; a journey if you will.